The USC&A Finance Team is here to assist you with your financial needs for your student organization. It is important to communicate regularly and plan accordingly. We are here to assist you and this requires a collaborative effort. Please review the information below and, if you have any additional questions, let us know. We look forward to serving your financial needs!
USC&A Finance Training will now be offered ONLINE!
To gain access to the USC&A Finance Training through Blackboard, your student organization must be fully registered for the 2016-2017 school year with the Student Leadership and Involvement Center (SLIC). Presidents and Treasurers of each organization are added Blackboard each Monday to access the USC&A Finance Training. Once you have completed the USC&A Finance Training, including the mandatory USC&A Finance Training Quiz, you will be USC&A Finance Approved and have access to your student organization’s Finance tab.
For more information, please contact Donte’ Sharpe, Coordinator for Student Organization Finance, email@example.com.
- To ensure each request is processed in a timely manner, please adhere to our purchase request deadlines outlined below
- 45 Days in Advance: All contracts and honorariums (including the purchase request)
- 30 Days in Advance: Purchase Requests
- Within 5 Business Days for all reimbursements
- All funding decisions are made by the respective Appropriations Committee
- Monroe Park Campus (MPC) Student Government Association (SGA)
- Medical College of Virginia (MCV) Student Government Association (SGA)
- Fraternity and Sorority Life (FSL)
- Graduate Student Association (GSA)
- USC&A Finance Training
- USC&A Finance Training Manual
- USC&A Travel Authorization Form
- Substitute W-9 Form
- Know What You Can and Cannot Buy
- eVA Vendor List
- Communicate and Plan Accordingly
- Each separate payment transaction must include a purchase request that has been printed and turned into the Student Leadership and Involvement Center (SLIC). Failure to do so could result in delay of processing and even denial of your request.
- Make sure your contact information is up to date in eServices/VCU Self Service.
- VCU operates under government Per Diem with food and travel.
- When requesting funding towards food, please be mindful of gratuity, which is limited to 20% of the total bill.
- Make sure to follow through with your requests (provide final invoices, confirmation of goods, etc.).
- Do not tape over the numbers and letters on your receipts.
- Make copies of the paperwork submitted for your records (not required, but encouraged).
- Each vendor we work with has to be self-registered in eVA and have an updated Substitute W-9 on file, including student organizations. eVA Self-Registration information can be found here: https://eva.virginia.gov/pages/eva-registration-buyer-vendor.htm
- Be mindful to respond to ALL emails from the finance staff in a timely manner. We are here to assist with payment and it takes a collaborative effort from you.
For Additional Information, please contact:
- Donte’ Sharpe, Coordinator for Student Organization Finance
- Tierrie Jones, Senior Fiscal Tech
- Marchelle Key, Fiscal Tech
- Tina Turner, Fiscal Tech
- DaNika Robinson, Assistant Director, Finance and Personnel